Cats or Dogs?
There’s no competition. For me, dogs are way more understanding, cuddly and lovable than cats.
This bias may stem from a weird childhood encounter with a graphic novel, or as we called it then, comic book. In the story, the spirit of a murdered mob-boss enters his pet black cat, which then exacts revenge on all his murderers in graphically gross ways. I read the book all the way through, and then dreamed about that scary cat for two nights in a row. Since then, every black cat inspires terror in me, and even white, fluffy cats look devious in my eyes. Kittens I love, but then, who doesn’t?
I’m not sure why this one fictional cat made such an impression on me, when I’ve had scary encounters with real-life dogs. A neighbour’s dog bit me when I was three, and my own (late) German Spitz was so irritable and snappy that she bit me at least twice a month–I still have a couple of scars to show for them. Maybe I don’t fear dogs because I don’t have any memory of the former and no grudge against the latter. Also, my Labrador Sherlock is adorable, intelligent, and very, very non-scary.
So yes, dogs any day.
PS: This post answers one of my own questions that I put up for my Liebster Award nominees a few days back.
I’m a nominee! Of the Liebster Blog Award! And I’m as excited as though it was the Nobel Prize or Oscars! You might have guessed by the number of exclamatory marks in this paragraph! I have been nominated by the extremely talented A. Mittal for The Liebster Blog Award (‘liebster’ means ‘beloved’ or ‘dearest’ in German), which is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers to recognize and promote them. Thank you A! Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for this award and link them in your post.
- Write 11 random facts about you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Recognize 11 other bloggers that you think deserves this award, and try to avoid nominating bloggers who already have a Liebster Award nomination. Notify them of your nomination and post your link.
So here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I can never remember the murderer in mystery books after reading just once (except in some cases like in ‘The Murder of Roger Ackroyd’). So I can read the same suspenseful book at least thrice with the same puzzlement and thrill.
2. I got my ears pierced under local anaesthesia.
3. I own three pairs of one year-old high heels which I haven’t worn even once.
4. I make a killer pressure-cooked pasta. Which nobody in my home eats for some reason.
5. I’ve read at least 500 romantic novels; and that’s a conservative estimate.
6. I once ate Chinese noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner: six meals in a row. And was sad when I had to eat rice for the seventh meal.
7. I have a very low threshold for ‘liking’ stuff. I actually loved the ‘Twilight’ series when I read it for the first time. The second time I couldn’t read one page without getting disgusted at the whiny heroine. But that was probably because I’d seen the movie (two words: Kristin Stewart).
8. I fell in love with my music teacher in the fourth grade because he could play ‘Do Re Mi’ on the guitar.
9. I don’t like amusement park rides, except the kiddie ones.
10. I hate washing clothes, so I leave it for as long as my conscience and sense of hygiene permits.
11. Ear-rings are my favorite accessory, and I own almost a hundred pairs.
Although my nominator did not ask questions of me, I’d like to ask my nominees to answer the following 11 questions:
Q1. Your favorite book.
Q2. The most memorable outing/expedition/trip/journey you’ve been to.
Q3. Your favorite place in the whole world.
Q4. Would you rather undertake a journey by rail, car, air or sea and why?
Q5. Tea or coffee?
Q6. Your favorite movie. Or Three.
Q7. Cats or Dogs?
Q8. Favorite superhero and why?
Q9. Favorite website.
Q10. When you were 10 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Q11. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Here are the blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award:
An Urban Mystic’s Blog
What Is Taste
I hope you’ll participate!